This program is currently paused.
EcoHuskers are faculty and staff green teams program that seeks to promote positive environmental behavior in the university community through peer-to-peer engagement.
EcoHuskers implement sustainability programming in their respective buildings, helping to conserve resources and increase awareness of sustainability-related issues.
Participating Pilot Buildings
- Andersen Hall
- Architecture Hall
- Campus Rec Center
- FMP Building
- Landscape Services
- Love Library
- Agricultural Hall
- Hardin Hall
- Home Econonics Building
- Forestry Hall
- Recreation & Wellness Center
If you see your building on this list and would like to get involved, or if your building is not listed and you would like to start a green team, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educate and engage UNL community members about sustainable practices and build social norms around efficient environmental behavior
- Reduce resource consumption and environmental impact (decrease water and electricity usage, increase recycling and waste diversion, and decrease total carbon emissions)
- Recognize leaders in campus sustainability efforts
- Increase environmental awareness and leadership among UNL faculty, staff, and students
Opportunities As An EcoHusker
- Work with peers to create positive change
- Learn about campus initiatives
- Shape the campus and workplace environment
- Improve health and wellness, reduce environmental impact, and improve cost savings
- Network across campus
- Receive regular updates on sustainability related activities
Green Office Guide Checklist
Don't know what you can do to increase pro-environmental behavior in your office or building? Use this checklist for ideas. Let us know if you need help implementing any of the actions.Download the EcoHuskers Checklist
Plan a Sustainability Event
If you would like to hold a sustainability event at your building, email us at email@example.com for guidance and resources.
- E-waste Recycling
- Zero-Waste Events
- Sustainable Behavior Incentive Programs
- Green Office Certification